Thursday, October 25, 2012

Goblins in the attic

I always wanted an attic growing up. I dreamt about a space that would be filled with old treasures that I could spend hours sorting through and discovering.

Sadly, in Australia we don’t really have attics; at least not the type that are portrayed in the books. Imagine my surprise when I moved in to my house and discovered a man hole. My own little attic to explore.

 Maybe it would have a goblin hiding in the eaves?

Maybe there would be boxes of photographs I could explore.

After 2 years, we finally decided to explore the attic. Except we didn’t really explore because we don’t have a ladder. We put the camera on a tripod, I stood on a bedside table and we poked the camera through the hole with a self timer photograph at the ready.

What did we find? Well.. No goblin and no treasure. Lots of dust and lots of insulation bats.


So we closed the hole up and went back to the task we were procrastinating from… study.

I was assured however, that there is a wall between my roof space and my neighbours roof space. I had questioned that before!

Do you have an attic? Or a basement?

Are there any cool things in there?

2 comments :

  1. haha. I have both an attic and a basement, but we built our house, sooo nothing cool in either except our stuff (which actually, isn't cool).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally a person that puts some real work into a blog. I do like what you have done with the blog.

    ReplyDelete