Monday, December 17, 2012

Celebrate


My first Christmas party for the year was a couple of weeks ago at Sky Phoenix in Westfield. I didn’t take photos of the food, because no one who works in my office takes pictures of their food so it would have been a little weird.
  
A bunch of us decided that we would head to karaoke afterwards which I was somewhat dreading. I would liken my singing voice to that of one of those screechy cats and I was sure I would be told to sit down after an awful attempt at singing any song.

Well, I sang up a storm. Especially after a few beverages were passed my way. For three hours, a few of us sang our hearts out and posed for pictures in the blue lit room. The karaoke place is called Karaoke world and is on Elizabeth Street, Sydney. For Happy Hour, we paid $15 per person and had the room for three hours.
 
For the privacy of the other people, you only get a photo of me..
The second work Christmas party, for the whole of the Organisation was held at Waterfront which is near The Rocks, Sydney. We had a 3 course sit down meal and drinks. For entree I was served the tomato and goats cheese; mains - roast turkey and veg, and dessert - Vanilla Panna Cotta. 
Roast Turkey, Roast veg and Turkey Sausage
Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Berry Coulis
I'm glad the location was amazing because it certainly made up for the food.  The entree lacked flavour, the main was dry and the turkey was like rolled chicken that you would find in a supermarket deli. The dessert was also a redeeming factor. 
The view from the Waterfront restaurant
Have you had any Christmas parties yet?
 Are there any embarrassing stories to share?


1 comment :

  1. I LOVE that red dress!! We are karaoking it up for Joel's Christmas work party... I am super nervous! ha ha

    ReplyDelete