Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas comes early

I love a little Christmas cheer and was pleasantly surprised to see my parent’s house decked out upon arriving for Christmas lunch on the weekend. All six of us kids, plus three partners and one baby all filled my parent’s house for an early Christmas lunch. For the very reason that the favourite child (A.K.A me) will be jet setting the day before Christmas.

I had big plans to wear a maroon dress I had been sewing the week before with a green bow tied around my waist. That is, until it came time to insert the zipper. Obviously that didn’t work so well, so I just wore shorts and a nice top.

S and I went and played with the animals whilst Mum and Dad cooked. The rabbit was friendly, it snuggled in to me and sat there while I was patting in to. Can’t say the same for the chickens, they aren’t much good at cuddling.
Then it was lunch time. Roast Pork, Roast Chicken, Roast Beef (or was it Lamb?), Roast Veg….everything except the ham which Mum remembered after we were finished.

I was on dessert duty and made delicious little rum balls which were a hit. The trifle was not so much of a hit, due to the fact that there was about half a bottle of coffee port in there. Steve, Mum and I enjoyed it though so I guess that counts. There is currently half still sitting in my fridge waiting for me to devour.


Have you had any Christmas celebrations yet? 

No comments :

Post a Comment