Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Our weekend

Since our holiday ended, S and I have been taking it easy and staying in as much as possible. You don't make money by spending it, after all (and houses don't buy themselves)

Saturday afternoon was the first time we've been out for drinks since getting back and the occasion was our good friends Birthday. We were supposed to start at the Carrington in Surry Hills and then move along to Oxford Street, but when 10pm rolled around (after being there since 3pm) we were ready to call it a night and head home.
The Carrington has a really relaxed vibe and is a really fun place to go for drinks. There is a tapas style menu available and I am happy to say that I had the best hot chips I have ever eaten - and I have eaten a lot of hot chips in my life. They were cooked in paprika (I think) and they gave off a really beautiful wood fired taste. The sauce to accompany the chips was a capsicum/tomato one and it complemented the smokey flavour beautifully. The Carrington also has little slider burgers and other types of tapas that we didn't get a chance to try.
We realised we have hardly any photos together, so last night we got about 30
The night was a lot of fun (apart from almost getting stranded in the bathroom when the door wouldn't unlock!) and it was really great to catch up with friends with some drinks and good food.

Sunday we spent the morning doing groceries and tidying the house before deciding to head to Clovelly so S could get some footage. We got there and since it had been stormy and windy around Sydney for the past few days the waves were quite aggressive. 

 
 
How did you spend your weekend?

2 comments :

  1. I spent mine finishing my photobook :-)

    Agree on the no photos together thing, you really for forget most of the time. I realised as I was going through all my photos for 2012, there are some 'events' we went to where we have no photos of each other just photos of food...doh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are really bad at taking selfies too.. neither of us can get it right haha.

      Delete