Wednesday, December 11, 2013

1, 2, 3 # 5

1.       Not sure about you, but in order to get back on the exercise band wagon I usually need to buy myself some new running gear. Last week was skins! And guess what, I went for one run last week. Not exactly getting back on the bandwagon, but in my defence the 4km run I thought I was doing ended up being 7.2km. I hadn’t run for about 3 months and that 7.2km run has left me sore for a week. Nevertheless, I WILL get back in to it and this time, I won’t run quite so far and try and ease myself back in to it.
Mine are pink
 
 
2.      I also bought the Napoleon Ultimate Contour Palette last week in a bid to look a little more put together and less I-just-got-out-of-bed. The first couple of times I used it I saw no difference. After looking at youtube and pinterest, I have found how best to contour my face and I think I am getting better because I got compliments on my makeup yesterday. That’s a success in my books. Still not makeup-artist looking, so I’ll keep my day job.
 
3.      I am no music person and in fact I prefer to NOT listen to music. I can’t listen at work because I need to concerntrate, I can’t listen on the bus because I like to hear what’s going on around me, I can’t listen when I walk because I like to be on-guard, It has to be below 10 in the car etc etc. In saying that, I do like feel-good music. London Grammar definitely does not fit in to this category and makes me feel flat every time, but I keep going back to it and it has been on repeat this week. I recently discovered Haim who are feel good and pretty funky too. What music do you like to listen to? I get over artists pretty quickly, so I like to have a good stream of new artists coming through… and please don’t tell me Jay-Z or Rihanna because I just can’t get in to that music.
 

4 comments :

  1. 7.2km run is pretty impressive!! I've been trying to run lately too but after about 3 minutes I feel like I'm going to die so am currently just sticking to power walking lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was certainly feeling it after the first 5 minutes, but I was running with someone so just kept up.

      Power walking is good, you will build up to running!

      Delete
  2. That's so interesting that you prefer to not listen to music! I go crazy if I don't have my ipod on public transport!
    Yay for getting compliments on make up - definitely means you're doing well!
    Aaaaand I usually find that exercising even when my muscles are sore aids recovery. And sleeping in skins. Seriously... those things are like magic. Back in my refereeing days I used to run literally all weekend, from 9am to about 6pm. Would sleep in my skins and be fine the next day. And you've just reminded me I need to start going running again. I'm also motivated by new exercise gear, and after I bought my new Nikes, I was good for about a week. I should just stop talking about it and just do it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely try sleeping in the skins. It would be a bit hot in Summer, but if it helps my sore legs then who cares!

      I am the same - less talking about it, just do it.

      Delete