Friday, February 28, 2014

Running towards my goal

The weeks are flying by and I am glad to see the beginning of Autumn tomorrow. It's been a pretty uneventful week for me but I thought I'd pop in and update my running and how I am going towards my goal. I am doing max two runs a week at the moment, mostly due to laziness. Some runs are better than others and the last run I did, I managed an average pace of 4 minutes 44 seconds over 4km. Not that quick, but not bad either. 30.82km over 8 weeks is not much at all and if I want to reach my goal of 300km this year, I need to get running a lot more often!

I was considering running a half marathon in May, but that definitely won't happen so I might try for one I saw being held in September.

Apart from the little effort of running, I've been doing a bit of a workout every night/every second night that involves 2 sets of: 20 crunches, 20 squats, 20 lunges and 20 sit ups. I just do it while I'm watching TV or waiting for Steve to make my coffee in the morning. I've been doing it about two weeks now and so far so good. 

No comments :

Post a Comment