Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Rhiannon at 25

I was standing looking in the mirror this morning as I got ready for work, thinking about someone who turned 25 today. I thought to myself - wow, I am 25 as well. I am so different to when I was 15. So I thought I'd write a post about me, at 25.
     1.    At 25 years old, I have lived out of home for 6 years.

2.    I have lived with Steve for just over 4 years.

3.    I have been in a relationship with Steve for 7 years (and I still adore him :-)).

4.    I have all but finished Uni, whilst working full time the whole time.

5.    I have a job that is the start of my career.

6. I still don't like shopping. I like nice clothes, but I don't like shopping to get them. Shoe shopping is the worst.

7.    I have carved out my likes and dislikes and learnt not to take shit from people.

8.    I have learnt that friends come and go and just because you’ve been friends a long time doesn’t mean you need to struggle to keep the friendship alive.

9.    I have learnt that people are selfish. You can bend over backwards to help them, but they won’t always be there when you need them.

10.    I have learnt the people that want to be in your life will be there and they will be selfless and you would do anything for them. They won’t make excuses and neither will you.

11.  I have a 5 (almost 6) year old dog.

12.  I don’t have children.

13.  I am not married (but I am engaged).

14.  At 25, I have travelled to 3 other countries (including 2 different islands).

15.  I have learnt that people have opinions of me and they are willing to share those around and it’s not worth my time getting upset by that (shame they didn’t notice Steve standing there listening).

16.  I have learnt that these are the best years and to look after myself. To eat good food (and splurge occasionally) and exercise regularly.

17.  At 25, I have lived close to the city for 4 years. And I love it.

18.  At 25, I have changed a whole lot from when I was 15. I have grown as a person and I have found me. Not everyone likes that, but that is ok. As long as I stay true to me.

19.  I am comfortable in my own skin and know I don’t need makeup to look good. In fact, I embrace not wearing makeup as often as possible (ok, maybe a little mascara!).

20.  I am looking forward to getting older. Age is just a number.

21.  My favourite cuisine is Japanese.
 
22. I have learnt that you cannot change others. But you can change how you interact with them.
 
23. I love being still. I love relaxing and being able to sit in the same room as someone and not need to talk. Weekends for me are quiet time, so I don’t go out every weekend and I don’t see people that will need me to talk all the time. Not that I don’t want to, sometimes I just prefer to be still.

24.  At 25, I have no idea what the future will hold, but I am looking so forward to it!.

25.  I have not figured everything out and that is ok. I have a life ahead of me.
 

2 comments :