Friday, November 21, 2014

Currently - Happy Friday!

 
I haven't done one of these posts since April and a lot has happened since then, so Happy Friday and here you go!

Making: Nothing at the moment, although S won't be home all day tomorrow which gives me ample time to get something started. I want to make some Christmas stockings and start on my work wardrobe that I talked about here

Anticipating: To be honest, not a lot. I've been so busy lately that I am happy for things to quieten down for a few weeks, although this weekend starts the many Christmas get togethers that are coming up between now and Christmas.

Reading: The man and the sea by Ernest Hemmingway and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I'm not loving Gone Girl. Perhaps because I googled the ending and know what is coming up. 

Listening: Nothing new recently. I did have to get a bunch of songs ranging from the 50's to now for work and that playlist has been fun to listen to. 

Wearing: Shorts, singlets, sandals. Comfortable summer wear!

Looking forward to: Hopefully some overseas travel on the cards for next year. I am desperate to get to the US and if it all works out, we'll be there for my Birthday in May. We're thinking LA (Santa Monica), Vegas, New York, DC (to see Steve's colleagues). Any recs for where to go in those places?
Watching: The walking dead. I forgot about that show for a good six months or so. Lots of catching up to do!

Thinking about: Trick question! I never stop thinking about things. Right now, it's what I should wear to work given it's going to be 40 degrees today. 

Loving: I just bought my favourite makeup in the right colour (I bought a shade lighter last week) and the difference it makes it huge. When you're on to a good thing, stick to it!

What about you?

2 comments :

  1. I'm ready for things to calm down too!! You've chosen all wonderful places to visit!
    LA- You have to see the Hollywood sign and Graumen's Chinese Theater are the most popular. Spazio is one of my favorite places to eat (and pretty posh). We stayed at the W hotel, and it was amazing. Check out the beach too. Pretty crazy down there!
    Vegas- Cosmo and Aria are super popular these days, but the Bellagio Fountains, all the cirque de soleil shows, the shopping, and the FOOD are where it's at. Can't remember the name, but there's a restaurant where the walls move and the 'scene' changes while you eat. That was pretty memorable.
    DC- You could spend DAYS in the National Mall, which is where all the monuments and museums are. My FAVORITE restaurant is Founding Farmers (all natural, made from scratch, sustainable farming, and pure American deliciousness) and I think Alexandria is where the good bars are at.
    New York- Empire State Building, 5th Avenue, Central Park, Times Square, Broadway, Hot Dogs, Pizza, You'll love it all. Just don't try to go to the top of the Statue of Liberty. Totally not worth the millions of stairs and long lines. If anything just take a ferry around it. If you like sweets, definitely go to Serendipity. It's AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete